6. Presto Server Installation on an AWS EMR (Presto Admin and RPMs)
You can use Presto Admin and RPMs to install and deploy Presto on an Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMR.
6.1. System Requirements
- Hardware requirements:
- Minimum 16GB RAM per node allocated for Presto
- Software requirements:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x (64-bit) or CentOS equivalent
- Oracle Java JDK 1.8 (64-bit)
- Cluster: CDH 5.x or HDP 2.x
- YARN-based cluster: CDH 5.4 or HDP 2.2; both require Hadoop 2.6
- Python 2.6 or 2.7
6.2. Installation on an AWS EMR
Install and manage Presto manually on an AWS EMR in the Amazon cloud.
Download Presto from https://www.teradata.com/presto
Before installing Preston on an AWS EMR cluster, review the caveats summarized in the following document:
The following installation procedures contain notes or sections specific to installing Presto on an Amazon Web Services EMR cluster. These are the notes summarized in the above document.
For a detailed explanation of all of the commands and their options, see